Your Perfect… Wingman
One city, two different trips, two different friends and lots of little variations resulting in a totally unlike experiences. Unfortunately it’s one of those things where you have to try a wingman out to know for sure. Now I know.
Why Would You Want A Wingman
Daygame is a solo activity. Or should I say it’s played in pairs (meaning you and the girl)? That’s how it looks like for the majority of time. But there are certain advantages in being winged and winging others.
Never let your wing become your crutch. If you aren’t able to daygame solo then you’re not doing it right.
Good wingman will help you retain your vibe after blowouts and bad runs. He’ll joke with you, help you brush them off and he’ll also approach a lot of girls himself which should make you a tiny bit envious.
Great wingman will actually push you to do more. He’ll notice the IOIs and he will kick you out to go and chat to the girls he know you’d be interested in. He’ll always say “yes” when you ask if any given girl was hot enough.
What’s even more important, especially when you’re traveling, he should have the same speciality, energy levels and skills. You’re going to spend a lot of time together (#nohomo) so you want to elevate each other. Avoid ones who would drag you down.
As I’ve found out there is zero problem when you have different personalities. I’m an introvert, my best wings are all extroverts, no issues there. We just need some time apart doing our own things and then we’re all good.
When your session with a wing is not going as you’d like you can always split. Well, unless you’ve traveled to another city and you’re living in the same apartment. Then things can get messy.
What went really bad during the last trip was that my wing did zero approaches the whole time we were in Kiev. I’ve seen him pick up girls before. This time he just wanted to see a new city and “maybe do some daygame” which was a big red flag. But then isn’t it always better to have someone to joke with than to be alone, right?
The problem is that you become who you hang out with. So even though I was amped up and ready to roll (and I did) seeing that he does absolutely nothing was dragging me down. Add to that a national holiday and a touristy vibe on the streets and by the last day I was doing nothing as well.
Then there was an issue of evenings. I was going on dates while he was staying home waiting for my signal to get the fuck out of the apartment. Kudos to him for actually doing that but it would be better if he was having fun as well.
Similar issue will arise when you’re into daygame and your wing is into nightgame. You can’t do both efficiently, you have to choose one. Just like you can’t be a good tourist and a good daygamer at the same time.
Top Five Wingman Rules
Let’s list some basic rules that are going to make your life easier, especially when you’re traveling with a wingman:
1. You’re both doing the same type of pick up with the same schedule. If there is a golden hour for daygame – you both exploit it. If you’re into clubs – you both focus on nightgame. You don’t need to be together 24/7 but spend time actually winging each other.
2. When your wing approaches you stick around. Do your own sets during that time but stay within the line of sight. It helps with the efficiency of the sessions.
3. You should never discourage anyone from approaching unless the girl was really ugly and he hasn’t seen her face. The more approaches the better.
4. Synchronize your dating – you’ll minimize wasted time. That means try to set up dates roughly at the same time.
5. Don’t be a cockblock. If your date flaked and your friend is bouncing a girl home then do not stand in their way by sitting in the apartment in your underwear watching YouTube videos.
You can of course do even more, have challenges, employ additional rules (“if you’ve looked after her then you have to approach her” is a great one) but you should at the very least agree on those five points before you plan your trip abroad.
Because that can be the difference between doing 10 and 30 sets per day. And when you hit that volume, it’s just a numbers game after all.